Online resources conditions of use
Who can use our online resources?
Staff and students of Imperial have full access to online resources such as e-journals, e-books and databases as given in the terms and conditions of the College's licence agreements.
NHS Trust staff have full access access to a limited number of online resources. Access to most online resources is from computers within the Library only.
Alumni with an online services account have access to a limited number of online resources, see Alumni: access online resources for details.
You are permitted to
- Access, download, search and print, for private study or research
- Make single electronic copies of a reasonable number of individual articles from an e-journal
- Access, download, search and print a small number of records from a database
You are not permitted to
- Carry out systematic, bulk or automatic downloading, unless the downloading of content is for the purpose of text or data mining.
- Download or printing a whole e-book. The maximum normally permitted is one chapter or 5%.
- Use content for commercial purposes
- Some titles are restricted to particular campus sites. Where this applies, the information will appear in the "Details" tab in Library Search.
- All users must observe the copyright restrictions of each service.
Infringement of the Library's licences with publishers and suppliers is against library regulations and may lead to them withdrawing a service.
Terms and conditions and copyright restrictions are normally listed on the website of the service or publisher. For further advice please ASK the Library.