Student Hub is being refreshed
The Student Hub is being ‘refreshed’ over the summer and transformed into a modern, vibrant, social and welcoming environment for students, staff and visitors to the College to enjoy.
Once the space is complete, it will be a fantastic area which we hope improves the experience we provide in ways which offer better wayfinding, clearer ‘zones’ for specific information and soft seating.
We apologise for any disturbance or inconvenience that these works may cause and have produced a schedule of work which aims to minimise the impact on our services and ensures that we remain open throughout the refresh. We will not be closed at any point during normal business hours – Hub staff will be available to deal with student enquiries at all times whilst works are taking place.
Schedule of works – August 2017
- 5 – 6 (weekend) level 3 lift lobby to be cleared and painted and some storage units in the Hub to be removed.
- 12 – 13 (weekend) fixed storage in self-service computer area and the storage unit behind main reception desk to be removed. The Student Hub area will be painted.
- 19 – 20 (weekend) main Student Hub desk to be removed. Temporary desks will be installed in place of the main Student Hub desk for use between Monday 21 to Thursday 24 August.
- Thursday 24 (evening) carpet to be removed in preparation for flooring in main middle section of the Student Hub
- Friday 25 main desk area closed due to the laying of new flooring in main middle section - access to the gates through to level 3 will be maintained. Student Hub team members will be based in the computer area and in the Glass Room, with staff in the lift lobby directing students as appropriate
- 26 – 28 Bank Holiday weekend complete the laying of new flooring
- Tuesday 29 main desk area closed due to the fitting of the new Student Hub desk - access to the gates through to level 3 will be maintained. Student Hub team members will be based in the computer area and in the Glass Room, with staff in the lift lobby directing students as appropriate.
- Wednesday 30 fitting of furniture continues
The main Student Hub desk will not be accessible on Friday 25 and Tuesday 29 August, but we will make alternative arrangements so that students can still access our services.
Our aim is to ensure that the 'new-look' Student Hub is ready for the start of session to welcome our new students. For further information please contact the Student Hub team.